The suspect of a robbery-murder that resulted in the death of a South Korean woman and injuries on her husband and daughter in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City last weekend has been identified as a young man of the same nationality.
Investigators from the municipal Department of Police told reporters at the Ho Chi Minh City Press Center on Monday morning that they are searching for a suspect in the case. Tuoi Tre Newspaper reports.
Related: Korean woman killed in Vietnam robbery
According to police officers, the suspect is a South Korean man, aged 20-25, having a student-like figure, about 1.67 meters tall, with black hair, a high forehead, and a light complexion. He was wearing black-rimmed glasses and speaking non-standard English, officers said.

South Korean man, aged 20-25, having a student-like figure, about 1.67 meters tall, with black hair, a high forehead, and a light complexion.
According to a report on Tuoi Tre Newspaper, the robbery-murder happened at around 2:30 am on Saturday, when the suspect climbed over a fence and sneaked into the residence of Yoon Sang Yong, a 50-year-old South Korean national, in the Hung Phuoc 1 area in Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City of Vietnam.
The suspect slit Yoon’s throat, killed his wife Jung Yuong Sook, 49, and stabbed their 16-year-old daughter Yoon Jeong Jyi. The husband and daughter survived the wounds.
A 38-year-old witness near the crime scene, told Tuoi Tre Newspaper that he was sleeping when he heard screams from the house where the murder occurred.
After committing the crime, the suspect took away a number of mobile phones of the victims and made a getaway in the Yoon family’s Chevrolet Spark car, which was parked in front of the house.
The man then burned the vehicle near the Thu Thiem 2 Bridge in Binh An Ward, District 2, at around 5:00 am on the same day to erase evidence of his crime, police found.

A car was found burned near Thu Thiem Bridge in District 2 and suspected of being in conjunction with a robbery-murder in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, December 21, 2019. Photo: Minh Hoa / Tuoi Tre
In Monday’s announcement at the Ho Chi Minh City Press Center, the municipal police also dismissed false reports that the culprit had been arrested.
Police officers stated that they are still in search of the suspect while calling on everybody to inform local authorities of any information related to the man in question as soon as possible, as the case is considered a particularly serious murder and robbery that is catching great public attention.
– By Tuoi Tre Newspaper
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news!
Discover more from Vietnam Insider
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

